Monday 8 July 2013

Poem for a Monday

Dear Lord,
So far today, I'm doing all right.
I have not gossiped, lost my temper,
been greedy, grumpy, nasty,
selfish or self-indulgent.
I have not whined, complained,
cursed or eaten any chocolate.
I have charged nothing on my charge card.

But I will be getting out of bed in a minute,
and I think I will really need your help then.

I clipped this poem out of a magazine years ago because it made me laugh.
I don't have a source for it, but wish that I did as I would like to thank the person who wrote it! We are all fallible and Mondays can be hard, a day when our best intentions slip a little, our enthusiasm wanes, our inner procrastinator takes the helm and things can seem a bit dire. So, I am sending this poem out today because it reminds me that I have a whole week in which to tackle my to-do list, face my fears and accomplish just one little something that I am proud of. I hope you will join me in celebrating any successes, no matter how large or small, and at whatever point in the week they come. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment